We are here to build your career in insurance
The qualifications framework offered by the institute is designed to provide a clear path for those wishing to develop their careers in today’s insurance market. CIIN runs two diets in a year; April and October diets. Course materials are also sold at the secretariat of the insitute.
Advanced Diploma of Insurance
The new qualifications of the Institute provide holders with a wide range of benefits. First, the qualifications confer on them, the valued designations: Cert. CIIN, Dip. CIIN and AIIN, respectively, upon induction. Other benefits include:
Enhancement of career prospects by demonstrating commitment to self-development.
Support of personalized learning programmes as candidates enjoy the flexibility in selecting the topics most appropriate to their role requirements. Possession of market-led qualifications which serve all sectors of the insurance industry and cater for all levels of knowledge and experience. Facilitating easy and free movement between disciplines and adaptation to statutory regulations as well as embracing key aspects of market practice. Engender a progressive qualification structure which operates much like building blocks.
A flexible ‘self-assembly’ qualification content
A value credit accumulation system which allows progress at different speeds.
Portability of qualification as each level could be a terminal certification recognized for career progression.
Holders of qualifications from tertiary institutions Accredited by the Institute and holders of other professional qualifications may be granted exemptions from some units (subjects) of the examination as may be approved by the Institute.
Any exemptions granted will be assigned appropriate credit weights and considered as part of the total credit thresholds required for award for the relevant CIIN qualifications. Any exemptions granted must be paid for in the same manner that examination fees are paid. Exemptions attract equivalent fees as the examination subjects, and evidence of payments for exemptions granted must accompany examination entry forms.
- Holders of qualifications from tertiary institutions Accredited by the Institute and holders of other professional qualifications may be granted exemptions from some units (subjects) of the examination as may be approved by the Institute
- Any exemptions granted will be assigned appropriate credit weights and considered as part of the total credit thresholds required for award for the relevant CIIN qualifications.
- Any exemptions granted must be paid for in the same manner that examination fees are paid. Exemptions attract equivalent fees as the examination subjects, and evidence of payments for exemptions granted must accompany examination entry forms.
April 2020 Diet
April 2020 Diet
April 2020 Diet
- New applicants should visit Members’ Portal and click on Don’t have an account? Join! to create an account.
- Supply your email, password and confirm the password
- Click the Register button to continue.
- Member should visit Members’ Portal and log in with your email or PIN (just the serial number after the /) and your surname (in CAPITAL) as password.
- Select Country of Residency & pick a membership type
- Read the application process instructions
- And pay the Application Fee & upload Passport.
- Fill in Personal Information
- Upload Professional Qualifications if available
- Upload Academic Qualifications & enter Employer Information
- Enter Work Experience & enter Next of Kin Details
- Enter Referee Information & accept Declaration
- Submit Your Application
- A mail will be sent to you on successful Application
CIFM Tutorial Centre, College of Insurance and Financial Management, KM 40, Lagos Ibadan Express Way, Oloke Torotoro, Asese Village, Ogun State.
Momentum Professional Study Centre
5, Ajayi Ogdengbe Street, Obanikoro, Lagos
Mr Ibrahim Abdullateef
Insurance Training Institute, Onipanu, Lagos.
Pastor V.A Adeyemi
Bamfok International Consultancy Services (Nig)
Yaba College of Technology (Staff Primary School), Yaba, Lagos
Mr Tijani Olajide
The Institute organizes evening/weekend oral tuition. Interested students can obtain further information from the Training manager at the Institute’s Secretariat at 27, Lagos Street, Ebute-Metta, Lagos.
— The institute has experienced lecturers who serve as tutorial advisers. Students may refer specific problems to them in their areas of specialization. The contact addresses of the tutorial advisers can be obtained from the Institute’s Secretariat.
— The Institute has a stock of course books for all the subjects of the examination. The books are an invaluable aid to candidates and it is mandatory that all candidates should buy them as a condition precedent for recognition as examination students. The books are available at the Institute’s Secretariat.
— The Institute’s Library is open to examination students during the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm from Monday to Friday.
— The Institute has open Study Centers for its members/students in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Kaduna. The centers are aimed at encouraging study culture and research. The lagos Study Center opens from 8:00am to 7:00pm during examination periods.
— Tutorial classes are also being run by some private tutors in the major cities outside Lagos and candidates are advised to avail themselves of the oral tuition provided by such private organizations.
— Whichever study options students may choose, they should endeavour to read as widely as possible, journals, articles and other materials on insurance for an all round understanding of the subjects.